Serving Size: 1
Calories: 187 • Total Fat: 5g • Total Carbohydrate: 22g (Fiber: 6g • Sugars: 11g) • Protein: 15g • Vitamin A (300%) • Calcium (15%)
High Protein • Well Balanced • Rich in Healthy Fats • Gluten-Free Option • Promotes Healthy Skin, Eyes, and Bones
It’s Recipe Redux time! The theme this month is Trimming the Table – Holiday Baking so naturally something pumpkin pie related came to mind right away. These pumpkin parfaits are the perfect easy dessert for fall gatherings or even as a decadent breakfast on crisp fall mornings. Can you imagine how divine these would be with a Frangelico spiked coffee or a caramel latte? Yum, yum, yum!
Pumpkin pecan crunch parfaits
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- Stevia, to taste (or other no-calorie, all natural sweetener)*
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup your favorite granola* (divided)
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans
*Notes: you can use pure maple syrup or honey instead of the stevia but it will change the calories and sugar content significantly. For the granola, I used Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Granola but feel free to use your favorite all-natural, low sugar granola.
- Combine pumpkin, stevia to taste, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and 1 tsp ground cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, stevia to taste, and remaining 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice and ground cinnamon.
- Using two small glasses or bowls, divide the pumpkin in the bottom of each glass. Sprinkle some of the granola on top of the pumpkin then add the yogurt. Top with remaining granola and pecans.