Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Calories: 94 • Total Fat: 4g • Total Carbohydrate: 12g (Fiber: 5g • Sugars: 4g) • Protein: 5g • Vitamin A (18%) • Vitamin C (163%) • Folate (18%)
Low Calorie • Rich in Healthy Fats • Gluten-Free • Good for Immunity • Promotes Healthy Skin and Eyes
The combination of brussel sprouts and pomegranate seeds pack this side dish with tons of antioxidants known to fight inflammation, decrease your risk for cancer, and lower cholesterol. If you don’t have access to fresh pomegranate seeds you can substitute dried cranberries just be sure to find ones with very little added sugar.
Roasted brussels sprouts with feta and pomegranate
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, cut in half (or quarters depending on size)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Toss brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on a roasting pan or baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and roast for 20-25 minutes minutes.
- Remove sprouts from the oven, transfer to a bowl and top with feta cheese and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve warm.