- This can be done with no weight, dumbbells or a barbell
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips
- Roll your shoulders back and down, keep your spine in neutral position and contract your abdominals by pulling your belly button in towards your spine
- If using no weight, place your hands behind your head or extend your arms out in front of you.
- Place your body weight into your heels so you are able to wiggle your toes
- Keeping a stable torso, straight spine and lifted chest, bend your knees while driving your hips back as if you are sitting in a chair
- Continue down until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Make sure your weight is in your heels and your knees are directly over your ankles, not over your toes
- Engage your core, push through your heels, and drive your body back up to standing position.
- Stand facing a bench or a box. This is start position.
- Step onto the bench with your left leg making sure your knee stays directly over your ankle and not over your toes
- Bring your right leg up and raise your knee in front of you
- Step down with your right leg followed by your left leg to return to start position
- This exercise can be done with no weight, dumbbells or a barbell
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart
- Step forward with one leg, bending both knees to form 90 degree angles
- Be sure to keep your front knee directly over your ankle, not over your toes
- Hold for one count, push right heel into the ground, and drive the body up so both legs are straight
- Complete one set on right leg before moving to the left leg
- Stand with your back facing a bench holding a dumbbell in each hand with palms facing in
- Place the top of your right foot on the bench behind you. This is start position.
- Lower into a single leg lunge by bending your front knee and dropping your back knee.
- Keep your back straight, abdominals contracted and your front knee directly over your ankle, not your toes.
- Lower as far as you can and hold for one second.
- Push front foot into the ground and drive your body up to straighten your leg and return to start position.
- Complete one set on left leg before moving to the right leg
Photos courtesy of WORKOUTLABS.COM