- This can be done with no weight, dumbbells or a barbell
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips
- Roll your shoulders back and down, keep your spine in neutral position and contract your abdominals by pulling your belly button in towards your spine
- If using no weight, place your hands behind your head or extend your arms out in front of you.
- Place your body weight into your heels so you are able to wiggle your toes
- Keeping a stable torso, straight spine and lifted chest, bend your knees while driving your hips back as if you are sitting in a chair
- Continue down until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Make sure your weight is in your heels and your knees are directly over your ankles, not over your toes
- Engage your core, push through your heels, and drive your body back up to standing position.
- This exercise can be done with no weight, dumbbells or a barbell
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart
- Step forward with one leg, bending both knees to form 90 degree angles
- Be sure to keep your front knee directly over your ankle, not over your toes
- Hold for one count, push right heel into the ground, and drive the body up so both legs are straight
- Complete one set on right leg before moving to the left leg
- Place body on the floor in a table top position. Keep your head and spine in a neutral position while contracting your core to protect your back.
- Raise your left leg out to the side while keeping your knee bent
- Hold for one second and lower your left leg back to start position
- Complete one set on left leg before moving to the right leg.
- Lie on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat.
- While pushing through your heels, raise your hips off the floor until your body forms a straight line.
- Contract your glutes and hold for one second.
- Slowly lower your hips back to the floor and return to start position.