Serving Size: 1
Calories: 202 • Total Fat: 8g • Total Carbohydrate: 19g (Fiber: 5g • Sugars: 3g) • Protein: 12g • Vitamin D (10%) • Folate (11%) • Iron (11%) • Riboflavin (13%)
Low Calorie • High Protein • High “Good” Fats • Low Sugar • Gluten-Free • Dairy-Free
This recipe is a great balance of fat and carbohydrates. Add a small side of lean protein such as egg whites or turkey for a balanced meal.
Dysphagia Level 1 – Pureed – not appropriate
Dysphagia Level 2 – Ground/Mech Soft – serve as a soft taco either with a flour or corn tortilla or omit tortilla entirely and serve on a plate. Scramble egg instead of frying and omit salsa.
Dysphagia Level 3 – Soft – serve as a soft taco either with a flour or corn tortilla or omit tortilla entirely and serve on a plate.
SouthWestern Egg Tostada
- 1 six-inch corn tortilla
- 3 tbsp canned black beans, low sodium
- 2 tbsp avocado
- 2 tbsp chunky salsa with liquid mostly drained
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1 egg
- Cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake tortilla in oven for 5-8 minutes or until crispy.
- Mash black beans and avocado together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over med-high heat. Add egg and fry until yolk is set.
- Remove tortilla from oven. Top with black bean and avocado mash, then salsa, then fried egg.
- Garnish with black pepper, cilantro, and hot sauce, if desired.
3 thoughts on “Southwestern Egg Tostada”
Definitely a great way to switch up your morning eggs!
Have you tried it yet, Katie? Hope you liked it!
I’m planning to try this recipe IMMEDIATELY.