As both a holistic health coach and a nutrition coach, I use the science of blood sugar stabilization paired with mindful awareness and motivation to achieve a sustainable and healthy lifestyle. Not to mention each of my recipes marries decadent flavors with all-natural foods and easy, no-fuss techniques designed to stabilize your blood sugar and say goodbye to diet food forever.
The Problem: Dieting
Dieting is centered on calorie and/or carbohydrate restriction & deprivation. While you will initially lose weight (mostly due to loss of water and muscle, NOT fat) your weight loss will eventually plateau and lead to increased cravings, fat storage and slower metabolism
- Most common nutrition philosophy
- “Calories In vs. Calories Out”
- Based on calorie deficit and deprivation without regards to time of eating meals
- Drop in water + muscle
- Hunger and cravings increase, blood sugar drops, body burns muscle for fuel, holds on to fat for survival
- Give into cravings and overeat
- Body stores fat from loss of muscle and slower metabolism – gain weight back
THE Solution: Blood sugar stabilization
A practical and realistic lifestyle philosophy based on eating the correct balance of protein, fat, and carbohydrates every 3-4 hours to stabilize your blood sugar levels (keeping levels between 80 and 120 mg/dl), allowing the body to burn fat for fuel, sculpt and protect lean muscle, and increase metabolism.
- Body burns stored fat, protects lean muscle
- Eliminates sugar/carb cravings
- Increases energy and metabolism
- Nutrition creates balance > balance releases fat > exercise burns fat = faster metabolism and more muscle
The Importance of Exercise
When your blood sugar is stable your body continually releases stored body fat. When your body fat is released, your muscles use it as energy to fuel you during your daily activities and exercise. Therefore, the more muscle you have the more fat you burn.
What we feed ourselves is more than just nourishment for our bodies. It’s about flavors, textures, aromas and memories. Eating is an experience, not just simply a means of survival. I strive to create food that is bold and decadent, yet simple and approachable, for even the most timid of cooks. Each of my recipes is designed to help boost your metabolism, build your muscle and increase your energy by providing the right balance of protein, fat, and carbohydrates. Be sure to check out the nutritional highlights section in my recipes to learn what makes it balanced while nourishing your body and boosting your metabolism.