Serving Size: 1
Calories: 152 • Total Fat: 6g • Total Carbohydrate: 5g (Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 2g) • Protein: 20g • Vitamin A (34%) • Folate (12%) • Riboflavin (39%) • Vitamin B6 (30%)
High Protein • Rich in “Good” Fats • Low Calorie • Low Sugar • Gluten-Free • Dairy-Free • Paleo
Tomato Basil Sausage Frittata
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey breast, all white meat (99% fat free)
- 1 tsp dried fennel seed (optional)
- 1 tsp dried sage (optional)
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pieces, dried (not packed in oil)
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp Italian seasoning (or combination of dried oregano, thyme, parsley, onion)
- 1-2 tsp salt (omit if seasoning has salt in it)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook ground turkey in a skillet until cooked through. Add dried fennel and sage and set aside.
- Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray. Add diced onion, garlic, spinach, basil, tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes to the dish. Then add the turkey and stir until evenly combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, and seasoning.
- Add eggs to casserole dish and stir. Top with nutritional yeast if using.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. If not eating right away, allow to cool and cut into 6 pieces. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 5 days