- This exercise can be done with dumbbells or a barbell.
- Stand upright holding dumbbells or a barbell at your thighs with an overhand grip and hands shoulder-width apart. This is start position.
- Bend at your waist keeping your knees straight and chest lifted until you feel a stretch in your hamstrings.
- Continue lowering until the weight is just below your knees.
- Hold for one second, push through your feet, contract your abdominals and drive your body up to start position.
Single Leg DeadLift
- Stand upright holding a dumbbell in your right hand in front of your thigh and palm facing in.
- Bend at your waist while keeping your chest lifted and raising your left leg behind you.
- Continue lowering until your torso is parallel to the floor.
- While keeping your spine neutral and your core engaged, drive your body back up to start position.
Stability Ball Hamstring Curl
- Lie on the floor with your legs extended and your ankles resting on a stability ball.
- Contract your abdominals bringing your belly button into your spine to protect your lower back.
- Raise your hips off the ground while keeping your weight in your shoulder blades until your body is in a straight line.
- Slowly bend your knees and pull the ball in towards your hips until the soles of your shoes are on top of the ball.
- Hold for one second and slowly press the ball away from your hips until your legs are fully extended.