Serving Size: 1 crostini
Calories: 53 • Total Fat: 1g • Total Carbohydrate: 9g (Fiber: 2g • Sugars: 3g) • Protein: 2g • Vitamin C (4%) • Vitamin A (3%) • Iron (2%)
Low Calorie • Low Fat • Good Source of Fiber • Whole Grain • Vegan • Good for Immunity
This appetizer is mostly carbohydrates due to the toasted bread. Enjoy one or two before a meal high in protein and moderate in fat. Or turn it into it’s own meal by coating boneless, skinless, chicken breast in a combination of bread crumbs and almond meal, baking it, and topping with edamame/pear mixture!
Edamame, Pear, and Mint Crostini
Servings: 25 crostinis
- 1 whole-grain baguette (cut into 25 equal slices)
- 1 cup frozen, shelled edamame
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pear, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add edamame and peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain edamame and peas and run under cold water. Transfer to a food processor and add garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil. Pulse until peas and edamame are mashed and all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Top each piece of bread with 1 tbsp of edamame mixture, a few pieces of diced pear, and fresh mint.