Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe (4 oz piece)
Calories: 272 • Total Fat: 14g • Total Carbohydrate: 13g (Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 3g) • Protein: 23g • Vitamin C (38%) • Vitamin A (4%) • Iron (4%)
High Protein • Rich in Omega 3’s • No Added Sugar • Gluten-Free • Dairy-Free • Paleo • Immunity Booster • Good for Healthy Skin and Eyes • Decreases Inflammation
This recipe is mostly protein and fat and has a moderate amount of carbohydrates. Serve it with a half serving of grains or other complex carbohydrate to keep it balanced and stabilize your blood sugar.
bbq balsamic glazed salmon
- 8 oz salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- juice from 1/2 medium orange (about 1/4 cup)
- mesquite bbq seasoning, salt-free variety
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Season salmon with bbq seasoning and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, prepare balsamic glaze. Pour balsamic and orange juice in a small pot. Bring to a boil then turn down to medium heat and allow to simmer.
- Keep simmering until liquid is reduced by half (about 1/3 of a cup) and has slightly thickened. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove salmon from oven and top with glaze. Serve with a side of citrus-roasted broccoli if desired.