Serving Size: 1
Calories: 52 • Total Fat: 2g • Total Carbohydrate: 5g (Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 3g) • Protein: 3g • Vitamin E (3%) • Iron (3%) • Magnesium (3%) • Manganese (4%) • Riboflavin (5%)
High Protein • Rich in Healthy Fats • Gluten-Free • Vegan • Dairy-Free • Metabolism Booster
Using avocado in place of butter found in traditional truffles provides a decadent and creamy texture while providing healthy, monounsaturated fats which are not only important for blood sugar stabilization, but also have been shown to reduce inflammation and cholesterol levels. And since they have an added boost of protein they will keep you satisfied while avoiding a sugar crash. I’ll take a dozen please 🙂
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Protein Truffles
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp oat bran (or old-fashioned oats ground into flour)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (vanilla works too)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (may sub with honey or agave nectar)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 tsp milk of choice
- salt salt, for topping
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Form dough into 10 balls (tip: use a mini cookie scoop) and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle each one with a pinch of sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until set.
- These bites are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer and will keep for about 7-10 days (that is if they last that long!)