Serving Size: about 1 cup
Calories: 71 • Total Fat: 0g • Total Carbohydrate: 17g (Fiber: 4g • Sugars: 9g) • Protein: 1g (Vitamin C: 86% • Manganese: 17%)
Low Calorie • No Fat • No Added Sugar • High Fiber • Dairy Free • High in Antioxidants • Good for Immunity
The mint, lemon, and vanilla in this recipe really makes the natural sugars in the berries the pop! I love to bring this to summer barbecues as a light and refreshing dessert or make a big bowl of it at the beginning of the week to add to breakfast or dinner. It’s almost all carbohydrates so enjoy it after a meal made up of protein and fat to keep your blood sugar stable.
Not appropriate for Dysphagia Levels 1, 2, or 3. Raw fruits are difficult to form into a bolus and should be avoided on modified diets.
Vanilla-Mint Berry Fruit Salad
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 medium apple, diced with skin on
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Toss diced apples with lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add strawberries, blueberries, mint, and vanilla and toss until combined.
- Top with lemon zest. Serve cold.