Serving Size: 1
Calories: 211 • Total Fat: 6g • Total Carbohydrate: 5g (Fiber: 0g • Sugars: 4g) • Protein: 33g (Vitamin B-6: 24% • Niacin: 27% • Selenium: 79% • Phosphorus: 30% • Riboflavin: 26% • Thiamin: 71% • Zinc: 20%)
High Protein • Low Carb • Low Sugar • Gluten-Free • Dairy Free • Good source of B-Vitamins • Metabolism Booster • Good for Immunity
This recipe is mostly protein and fat. Serve it with one serving of carbohydrates such as brown rice or another grain to keep it balanced.
Dysphagia Level 1 – Pureed – marinade and cook pork according to recipe. Once cooled, put pork in a food processor and puree until smooth, adding liquid (water or low-sodium broth) as needed. Cook marinade according to recipe and serve on top of pureed pork. Omit sesame seeds.
Dysphagia Level 2 – Ground/Mech Soft – marinade and cook pork according to recipe. Once cooled, put pork in a food chopper and chop into a ground consistency. Cook marinade according to recipe and serve on top of ground pork. Omit sesame seeds.
Dysphagia Level 3 – Soft – cook according to recipe. Omit seasame seeds.
Asian glazed Pork tenderloin
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp scallions, minced
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- black sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Place tenderloin in a zip top bag with soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, garlic, ginger, scallions and honey. Marinade in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. *Can also marinade overnight*
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- When ready to cook, lightly coat a non-stick skillet or grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Grill the tenderloin for 3 minutes per side. Reserve marinade.
- If skillet is oven-safe, place skillet in oven and cook tenderloin for additional 15 minutes. If skillet is not oven safe, transfer tenderloin to an oven-safe dish and cook for additional 15 minutes.
- While tenderloin is cooking, pour marinade in a small saucepan and add 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil until reduced by half. When reduced, stir in cornstarch until sauce thickens.
- Remove tenderloin from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Pour sauce over tenderloin and cut into even sized pieces.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds if desired.