Serving Size: 1 burger (without bun)
Calories: 142 • Total Fat: 3g • Total Carbohydrate: 9g (Fiber: 2g • Sugar: 5g) • Protein: 20g • Vitamin C (14%) • Iron (7%) • Vitamin B-6 (3%) • Folate (3%) • Manganese (3%) • Vitamin B-6 (3%)
Low Calorie • Low Fat • High Protein • Low Carb • Gluten-Free • Paleo • Dairy-Free • Immunity Booster • Good for Muscle Development
*This burger is mostly protein and a little carbs with the apple. To make this a well-balanced meal, add some fat and carbs such as 2 thin slices of avocado and a 100 calorie whole grain bun*
Apple Dijon Turkey Burgers
- 3/4 pound extra-lean ground turkey breast (all-white meat variety)
- 1 granny-smith apple (washed, peeled, and cubed)
- 1/4 cup cauliflower florets, top only
- 1 celery stalk, washed and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp whole-grain dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, dash of each
- 4 whole-grain sandwich thins (about 100 calories each) or use lettuce wraps for a low-carb, Paleo, or gluten-free option
- Chop the celery, onion, and garlic and place in a large bowl. Add the mustard, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Put the cauliflower florets and apple pieces in a food processor or mini food chopper and pulse until chopped uniformly (you can also finely chop them by hand). *Be careful not to overchop or the mixture will become too wet to form into burgers*
- Add to the celery mixture then add the ground turkey breast. Stir until evenly combined.
- Form into four patties and place in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and liberally coat with cooking spray.
- Grill burgers for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time.
- Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and dijon mustard if desired.