Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 150 • Total Fat: 6g • Total Carbohydrate: 7g (Fiber: 3g • Sugars: 3g) • Protein: 16g • Vitamin A (30%) • Vitamin C (73%) • Vitamin D (11%) • Calcium (19%) • Folate (15%) • Riboflavin (16%)
Low Calorie • Rich in Good Fats • Low Carb • No Added Sugar • High Protein • Gluten-Free • Boosts Metabolism • Regulates Appetite • Good for Healthy Skin, Hair, Nails, Bones • Immunity Booster
This recipe is mostly protein and fat. Enjoy a slice with a side of carbohydrates (like Vanilla Mint Berry Fruit Salad or a piece of whole grain toast) for a balanced meal.
- 3 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- hot sauce (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Beat eggs and egg whites together in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
- In a non-stick skillet lightly coated with cooking spray, add minced garlic, red pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, and broccoli. Sauté vegetables over medium heat until slightly tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add cooked vegetables, tomatoes, and herbs to a greased casserole dish or 8×8 inch baking pan. Top vegetables with eggs.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes. Top with cheese and place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut into 4 equal sized servings. Serve with hot sauce or salsa if desired.