Serving Size: 1
Calories: 232 • Total Fat: 5g • Total Carbohydrate: 36g (Fiber: 7g • Sugars: 13g) • Protein: 12g • Vitamin D (6%) • Vitamin E (11%) • Calcium (13%) • Iron (13%) • Manganese (19%)
Whole Grain • High Protein • Low Fat • High Fiber • Metabolism Booster • Good for Bones, Teeth, Skin • Good Source of Iron
Oatmeal is an excellent source of fiber and complex carbohydrates and has been shown to lower cholesterol levels in recent studies. Enjoy it with some lean protein such as egg whites, lean turkey sausage, or 1/2 of a protein shake to stabilize your blood sugar.
Dysphagia Level 1 – Pureed, Level 2 – Ground/Mech Soft –cook oatmeal according to recipe. Stir in remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Add more liquid as needed until smooth consistency is reached.
Dysphagia Level 3 – Soft – cook according to recipe
Pumpkin Spice Latte Protein oatmeal
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3.5 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 3.5 tbsp brewed coffee
- 3.5 tbsp liquid egg whites
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp instant ground coffee or espresso powder
- 2 tsp honey or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Dollop of non-fat Greek yogurt (for “whipped cream”), optional
- Combine oats, flaxseed, almond milk and brewed coffee in microwavable bowl and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Fluff egg whites with a fork and add to cooked oats. Microwave for an additional 90 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir, and top with a dollop of non-fat Greek yogurt as “whipped cream” if desired!
*Note: cooking times may vary depending on microwave wattage*