This recipe kind of came as an accident, but I’m sure glad it did. A couple weeks ago we had some friends call to say they were in town for a wedding. Living in downtown Chicago lends itself to last minute visitors on a regular basis so I almost always have a couple appetizer staples in the fridge to put together on the fly. Problem was, we were super low on groceries since it was Saturday afternoon and grocery shopping wasn’t happening until Sunday.
Luckily, being a member of the Recipe Redux, I had just received tons of samples from Sabra Hummus in preparation for National Hummus Day on May 13th. Sabra Hummus is so good as is, so I could have easily just put them out with some veggies and crackers, but since I wanted to make it look like a put at least a little effort in, I turned to one of my favorite dips for inspiration!
On a side note, do you know just how healthy hummus really is? Since it’s made with garbanzo beans, tahini, and olive oil, it’s packed with fiber, protein, and healthy monounsaturated fats which are super good for heart health and lowering cholesterol. In fact, just 2 heaping tablespoons a day fulfills your bean recommendation for the week! And the hefty amount of spinach in this Spinach Artichoke Baked Hummus makes this possibly the best (and probably ONLY) superfood dip ever made!
This can be made with any of Sabra’s delicious flavors. but my favorites with this recipe in particular are the Roasted Garlic and Roasted Pine Nut. I wanted to keep mine vegan and gluten-free so I topped it with some toasted pine nuts and fresh lemon zest but feel free to add whatever you have on hand. I bet some crumbled feta and toasted breadcrumbs stuck under the broiler for a couple minutes would be so tasty!
Serving Size: 2 tbsp
Calories: 66 • Total Fat: 4g • Total Carbohydrate: 6g (Fiber: 1.2g • Sugars: 0g) • Protein: 2.2g
Low Calorie • Rich in Healthy Fats • Good Source of Fiber and Protein • Gluten-Free • Vegan
4 ingredient Spinach Artichoke Baked Hummus (VEgan, Gluten-FREE)
- 2 (10 oz) containers Sabra Hummus (such as Roasted Garlic or Roasted Pine Nut)
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts in water, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice + zest
- Assorted dippers such as carrots, celery, cucumbers, pita chips, Melba toast, crackers
- Feta or Parmesan cheese (if not Vegan)
- Chopped walnuts or pine nuts
- Crumbled kale chips
- Panko bread crumbs (if not Gluten-Free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain the thawed spinach very well, squeezing out as much water as possible.
- Add the hummus, spinach, chopped artichokes, lemon juice, and zest to a large bowl and stir until evenly combined.
- Spread the dip into an 8×8 square baking dish.
- Top with toppings of choice.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with prepared vegetables, crackers, or chips.
“I received free samples of Sabra Hummus mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
For more humus inspired recipes visit:
3 thoughts on “4 Ingredient Spinach Artichoke Baked Hummus (Vegan, Gluten-Free)”
I love this is so easy to make but bursting with flavor – I can see everyone asking for this recipe!
Thanks, Deanna! The store-bought hummus makes it so easy and so tasty!