Serving Size: 1
Calories: 124 • Total Fat: 7g • Total Carbohydrate: 17g (Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 12g) • Protein: 1g
Gluten-Free • Vegan
I LOVE cookie dough. I’m not kidding. When I say love I mean looooooooove. I’m sure it’s no surprise considering half of my dessert recipes center around any kind of cookie dough variation I can come up with like Cookie Dough Truffles, Cookie Dough Protein Bites, and Pumpkin Cookie Dough Bars.
I told you I wasn’t kidding.
So when all I wanted was something sweet and delicious the other day, I whipped out the food processor and got to mixing. I really tried to avoid my cookie dough obsession but it took over all my willpower. I can’t say I’m mad though cause these little squares of joy are nothing but pure decadence!
Unbaked cookie dough bars (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 1/2 cup canned white beans (or Great Northern beans)
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup, agave)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips + 1 tsp oil for topping
- Pulse the beans in a food processor until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients through salt (oat bran, quick oats, melted coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, salt) and blend into the food processor until completely smooth. You may have to scrape down the sides every so often until everything is mixed together.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips.
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with wax paper and add the dough. Using a spatula or back of a spoon, push the dough into the pan until it forms an even layer.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or until dough slightly hardens.
- To make the chocolate topping, melt 3/4 mini chocolate chips + 1 tsp oil in the microwave for 30 second intervals until fully melted.
- Spread melted chocolate on top the the dough and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Freeze for 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Remove from the freezer, let sit for 5-10 minutes then cut into 16 bars.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
One thought on “Unbaked Cookie Dough Bars (Gluten Free, Vegan)”
I have to try those cookie dough bars, as I love cookie dough so much! Thanks for sharing that recipe :))