Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 129 • Total Fat: 5g • Total Carbohydrate: 4g (Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 1g) • Protein: 12g • Vitamin A (62%) • Vitamin D (8%) • Calcium (16%) • Folate (15%) • Manganese (19%)
Low Calorie • Rich in Good Fats • Low Carb • No Added Sugar • High Protein • Gluten-Free • Regulates Appetite • Good for Healthy Skin, Hair, Nails, Bones • Immunity Booster
Growing up in the Midwest, I am no stranger to dips and casseroles. I’ve lightened up two of my favorite dishes, egg casserole and spinach artichoke dip, to create a healthy, satisfying, and delicious breakfast bake perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. I love to make this on Sundays so I have a quick grab-n-go breakfast when I’m pressed for time (which we all know is usually everyday of the week!).
spinach artichoke parmesan Breakfast bake
- 4 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 (10 oz) package of frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (14 oz) can of artichokes packed in water, drained and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mined
- 1/4 cup non-fat milk
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese*
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes or until translucent and fragrant. Add artichokes and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- In a large bowl combine thawed spinach, onion/artichoke mixture, and 1/4 cup of cheese. Stir until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk eggs until all ingredients are combined.
- Lightly spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray. Add spinach mixture on the bottom of the dish. Top with eggs and remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 6 slices and serve warm.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.