Serving Size: 1/3 cup (without toppings)
Calories: 131 • Total Fat: 1.4g • Total Carbohydrate: 25.8g (Fiber: 3g • Sugars: 14g) • Protein: 6g • (Vitamin A: 62%) • Calcium (8%) • Iron (6%)
Low Calorie • Low Fat • Whole Grain • Gluten-Free Option • Promotes Healthy Eyes and Skin
Do you know what I hate? Cleaning the pot after making a big batch of oatmeal. No matter how fast I clean it, it always seems to stick to the sides like the most stubborn price tag on that perfect Christmas gift (side note: do they use super glue on those things?). And if I decide to make it in the microwave instead, I may as well just say goodbye to ever having a clean microwave again.
I recently bought this mini slow-cooker from Target and absolutely love it! Not only is it perfect for small batches of crock-pot dinners but it’s also super easy to clean making it my new favorite kitchen gadget. With hesitation I decided to try it out with oatmeal, hopeful it would solve my cleaning dilemma. And guess what, it did! Not only was it the easiest oatmeal clean-up known to man, but it cooked the oats perfectly, making the creamiest, most satisfying, piping hot bowl of goodness for any morning!
To add a little more balance to your breakfast, add a 1/2 scoop of your favorite protein powder (such as Vega) to your bowl or eat it with a side of scrambled egg whites for some satisfying protein.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (depending on your taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 tbsp honey (or other liquid sweetener of choice)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp non-fat milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: pumpkin seeds, pecans, cranberries, chia seeds, nut butter, sliced banana
- Combine first 5 ingredients in your slow cooker.
- Add yogurt, egg white, pumpkin, honey, milk, and vanilla to a medium bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to your slow cooker and stir until full incorporated with the oats.
- Cook on low for 1 1/2 – 2 hours or high for 1 hour.
- Serve with optional toppings of choice.