Serving Size: whole recipe (includes hard-boiled egg as pictured)
Calories: 285 • Total Fat: 11g • Total Carbohydrate: 35g (Fiber: 7g • Sugars: 7g) • Protein: 13g • Vitamin A (185%) • Vitamin C (44%) • Manganese (42%) • Iron (21%) • Folate (35%)
100% Whole Ingredients • Rich in Good Fats • High Fiber • No Added Sugar • Vegan Option • Gluten Free • Boosts Metabolism • Promotes Healthy Hair, Skin, Eyes • Immunity Booster
It’s Recipe Redux time! This month’s challenge is Plant Protein Power Bowls. I love a good power bowl, especially one I can eat any time of the day. I make a variation of this one a couple times a week, some days for breakfast and some days for lunch/dinner. The quinoa adds a hefty dose of plant-based protein but if I need to make it a little heartier I’ll usually add some lean protein like a hard-boiled egg (pictured), scrambled egg whites or grilled chicken either mixed in or on the side. Sometimes I’ll even add a scoop of pico de gallo or a drizzle of hot sauce for a little heat…..yum!
Sweet Potato avocado power bowl
Servings: whole recipe
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, cubed and roasted
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1.5 cups fresh spinach, steamed
- 2 tbsp mashed avocado
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Toppings (optional): hard-boiled egg, salsa, pico de gallo, hot sauce, walnuts, almonds, dried cranberries, golden raisins
- Place cooked quinoa in a bowl.
- Top with sweet potato, spinach, and mashed avocado.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with additional optional toppings of choice.