Serving Size: 1 (based on 20 bites)
Calories: 14 • Total Fat: 1g • Total Carbohydrate: 1g (Fiber: 0g • Sugars: 0g) • Protein: 1.4g
Low Calorie • Rich in Omega 3’s • No Added Sugar • Gluten-Free
Smoked salmon and dill is one of my favorite combinations. And a touch of cream cheese adds just enough creaminess to make these one-bite apps light but satisfying. Small pieces of smoked trout would be a great substitute if you aren’t a fan of salmon. You can make these 1 day ahead of time, just keep them chilled in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Smoked salmon cucumber bites
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 4 tbsp whipped light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped (plus more for topping)
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice cucumber into equal sized slices and set aside.
- Cut salmon into 20-25 small pieces. (*Note: I cut the salmon into small strips then rolled each one up so they looked nice and uniform on top of the each cucumber).
- Combine cream cheese, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and stir until combined and smooth.
- Top each cucumber slice with cream cheese followed by a piece of salmon. Top with fresh dill if desired.
- Serve chilled.