Serving Size: 1
Calories: 246 • Total Fat: 4g • Total Carbohydrate: 30g (Fiber: 7g • Sugars: 16g) • Protein: 23g • Vitamin C (120%) • Vitamin E (28%) • Calcium (28%) • Manganese (29%)
Excellent Balance of Protein, Fat and Carbohydrates • High Protein • Rich in Healthy Fats • Gluten-Free • Vegan • Paleo • Metabolism Booster • Promotes Healthy Bones and Skin • Good for Immunity
This smoothie bowl has an excellent balance of protein, carbs, and fat making it a perfect breakfast. It can even be put into a cup for a tasty on-the-go smoothie. I sometimes make it and split it in half for a snack, too!
Strawberry Banana Vanilla Bean Smoothie BOwl
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries, slightly thawed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean (or pure vanilla extract)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (such as Vega One Protein + Greens)* see notes
- Toasted coconut flakes, optional for topping
- Put the first 5 ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the protein powder and blend until evenly incorporated. *You may need to add more milk until desired consistency is reached*
- Top with additional chia seeds or toasted coconut flakes if desired.
- The strawberries and banana should be about halfway thawed so that they smoothie stays thick. If you prefer it to be thinner you can thaw them completely but it will be more like a drinkable smoothie than a smoothie bowl.
- Once you add the protein powder you may need to add more milk until desired consistency is reached.
- I always recommend an all natural, plant-based protein powder such as Vega One + Greens or Plant Fusion. They are slightly sweetened with a natural sweetener so I didn’t any extra sweetener to the recipe. You may want to add a natural sweetener such as Stevia to taste if your protein powder isn’t sweetened.