Serving Size: 1
Calories: 28 • Total Fat: 2g • Total Carbohydrate: 3g (Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 3g) • Protein: 1g
Low Calorie • Low Fat • Gluten-Free • All Natural
Dates are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and essential minerals like potassium and magnesium. They are one of the sweetest types of dried fruit and are often referred to as “nature’s candy” making them make a great substitute for baking. They can even can be a replacement for caramel in some recipes like Caramel Apple Dip and Samaos Turtle Bites. These stuffed dates are so easy to make and are the perfect appetizer or finger-food for your next party! Since they are meant to be small bites and are mostly carbohydrates and fat, enjoy one or two in moderation as a sweet treat.
Honey Vanilla Bean Stuffed dates
- 20 Deglet dates, pitted and cut in half
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- 3 tsp vanilla bean paste (or pure vanilla extract)
- 20 walnuts, halved
- Honey, for drizzling
- Sea salt, optional for topping
- Combine the cream cheese and vanilla bean paste in a small bowl.
- Transfer to a piping bag or ziptop bag with the corner of the bag snipped off. Pipe the filling into each date half and top with one walnut half.
- Drizzle dates with honey and sprinkle lightly with sea salt if desired.