Serving Size: 2-3 pancakes
Calories: 150 • Total Fat: 4g • Total Carbohydrate: 25g (Fiber: 3g • Sugars: 7g) • Protein: 5g (Calcium: 9% • Iron: 6%)
Low Calorie • High Fiber • 100% Whole Grain • Dairy-Free Option • Gluten-Free Option • Promotes Healthy Bones and Skin • Good for Healthy Cells
Who said dessert can’t be a meal? These pancakes are the perfect indulgence for any sweet breakfast craving. Using banana instead of sugar not only provides natural sweetness without added sugar but also eliminates the need for oil used in traditional pancake recipes. And the old-fashioned oats in the batter give these doughy, fluffy, rounds of deliciousness that coveted chewy texture only your most favorite oatmeal cookie has.
If need a gluten-free or dairy-free option be sure to use your favorite gluten-free flour blend and dairy-free chocolate chips. Since these pancakes are mostly carbohydrates and a little fat from the chocolate I suggest eating them with some lean protein such as 1-2 scrambled egg whites or 1/3 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt to make a perfectly balanced meal.
Oatmeal CHocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes
Servings: 2 (makes 4-5 small pancakes)
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolls oats
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 small banana
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp liquid egg whites (about 1 egg white)
- 1.5 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Combine first seven ingredients (oats – vinegar) in a blender and food processor and blend until combined. Pour into a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whip egg white with a whisk until foamy.
- Gently fold fluffy egg white and chocolate chips into the batter until just combined. (Be careful not to over mix).
- Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Add the batter to the skillet to form 4-5 small pancakes. When bubbles start to form on the top of the pancakes (about 1-2 minutes), gently flip pancakes and cook for additional 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer pancakes to a plate and serve warm.