Serving Size: 1 chicken breast + about 1 tbsp of glaze
Calories: 148 • Total Fat: 2.5g • Total Carbohydrate: 6g (Fiber: 0g • Sugars: 5g) • Protein: 22g
High Protein • Low Fat • Low Carb • Paleo Option
I love chicken, but sometimes it gets a bad rep for being boring, tasteless “diet” food. That’s why I was determined to create a chicken dish with bold flavors to win over even the strongest boneless, skinless chicken breast haters. The zippyness of the dijon mustard and sweetness of the maple syrup create the perfect glaze to turn any boring piece of chicken from drab to fab! Pair it with a side of carbohydrates such as roasted potatoes or brown rice and a low carb vegetable like green beans or broccoli for a perfectly balanced meal to satisfy both your belly and your taste buds!
*For Paleo option: use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce
Maple dijon bbq glazed chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 4 ounces each
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Put chicken in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients (mustard – water) in a small bowl and stir until combined. Pour 1 tbsp of sauce over each chicken breast and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer the rest of the sauce to a small saucepan over low-medium heat. When sauce begins to simmer (watch it carefully, this happens fast!), stir continuously for 1 minute until it begins to thicken slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and brush remaining sauce over each piece of chicken.
- Serve alongside a serving of carbohydrates such as roasted potatoes or brown rice and a serving of vegetables such as green beans or broccoli.