Serving Size: 1 pancake
Calories: 66 • Total Fat: 2g • Total Carbohydrate: 8g (Fiber: 2g • Sugars: 2g) • Protein: 4g (Vitamin B6: 5%)
Low Calorie • Low Fat • Low Sugar • 100% Whole Grain • High Protein • Dairy-Free • Gluten-Free Option • Good for Metabolism
These pancakes are the perfect indulgence for your sweet breakfast craving. They are composed of mostly carbohydrates with a moderate amount of protein and fat. Enjoy 3-4 pancakes with an extra side of lean protein such as scrambled egg whites or lean turkey sausage to make a balanced meal. Or for a fun decadent twist, use 2 pancakes as “bread” and add a lean turkey sausage patty for a breakfast sandwich….mmmm!
Fluffy Banana Pancakes
Servings: 3-4 pancakes
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup oat bran (or quick oats ground into a flour consistency)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water (or 1 large egg)
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- cooking spray
- Combine flaxseed and water and set aside for 5 minutes to create a “flax egg.”
- In a small bowl, whip egg whites until foamy and set aside.
- Combine oat bran, banana, vanilla, oil, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add flax egg and stir.
- Gently fold in foamy egg whites until just combined (be careful not to over mix).
- Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Add batter to skillet to form 3 larger pancakes or 4 smaller pancakes. When bubbles start to form on the top of the pancakes (about 2-3 minutes), gently flip pancakes and cook for additional 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
Tip: make a double or triple batch and store them in the freezer for a quick grab-n-go breakfast. Pop 3-4 pancakes in the microwave before you head out the door and you’re good to go! Or for a fun decadent twist, use 2 pancakes as “bread” and add a lean turkey sausage patty to make a breakfast sandwich.