Serving Size: 1
Calories: 205 • Total Fat: 6g • Total Carbohydrate: 13g (Fiber: 3g • Sugars: 1g) • Protein: 26g (Vitamin A: 24% • Vitamin C: 105%)
Low Calorie • High Protein • Rich in Healthy Fats • Moderate in Carbohydrates • Gluten-Free • Dairy Free • Metabolism Booster • Promotes Healthy Skin and Eyes • Immunity Booster
This breakfast is packed with protein to jumpstart your morning and keep you satisfied until your mid morning snack. Plus it is rich in healthy fats and moderate in carbs to balance your blood sugar and avoid the common blood sugar spikes that occur mid morning. Pair it with a 1/2 serving of fruit such as 1/2 of a banana or apple or a small piece of toast for some additional carbohydrates.
Fiesta Egg White Avocado Scramble
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 2 thin slices low-sodium deli turkey, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp onion, diced
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, diced
- 2 thin slices of avocado
- Salt-free seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash)
- cooking spray
- Hot sauce (optional, for topping)
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Sauté vegetables until tender. Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat on pan to medium-low and coat with cooking spray if needed. Once pan is hot, add eggs. As eggs begin to cook on the edges, use a spatula to gently push edges to the center of the pan. Tilt pan as needed to let eggs cook evenly all around.
- Once eggs are almost set, mix in vegetables, turkey, and seasoning blend.
- Remove from pan. Serve with avocado slices and 1/2 piece of fruit or toast.