Serving Size: whole recipe
Calories: 261 • Total Fat: 8g • Total Carbohydrate: 19g (Fiber: 5g • Sugars: 2g) • Protein: 27g (Vitamin A: 64% • Vitamin C: 41% • Iron: 14% • Calcium: 10%)
Excellent Balance of Protein, Carbs, and Fat • High Protein • No Added Sugar • Paleo Option • Vegan Option • Good for Immunity • Promotes Healthy Skin and Eyes • Metabolism Booster • Promotes Healthy Bones and Teeth • Good for Red Blood Cell Function
This salad is the perfect lunch, especially during the work week. Cook the chicken and quinoa ahead of time to cut the prep time even more! With the quinoa (carb), feta cheese and olives (fat), and grilled chicken (protein), it’s perfectly balanced to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you satisfied through the afternoon or evening. If you don’t like quinoa, substitute another cooked grain such as brown rice or millet or skip the quinoa all together and put all of the ingredients in a whole grain wrap.
*Note: for Paleo and vegan option, sub the feta cheese for another fat such as avocado.
Greek Chicken salad with quinoa
- 4 oz cooked chicken breast, cubed or sliced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, diced (about 4-5 tomatoes)
- Red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa (or other cooked grain such as brown rice or millet)
- 1.5 cups mixed greens (such as romaine, arugula, collard greens, kale, swiss chard)
- 4 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese, reduced-fat
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- black pepper
- 1 whole grain wrap* (omit quinoa if using)
- First make the dressing, In a small bowl, mash halved olives and feta cheese with the back of a spoon or fork. Add lemon juice and black pepper and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Add greens to a medium bowl. Top with quinoa, vegetables, and chicken.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss until combined.
- *For wrap option: omit quinoa, toss salad with dressing and place in a whole grain wrap. Cut wrap in half and enjoy!