Serving Size: 1 burger + bun
Calories: 216 • Total Fat: 4g • Total Carbohydrate: 25g (Fiber: 7g • Sugars: 2g) • Protein: 32g • Vitamin C (47%) • Vitamin A (9%) • Iron (5%)
Low Calorie • Rich in Good Fats • Low Sugar • High Protein • Dairy-Free • Gluten-Free Option • Promotes Healthy Skin • Immunity Booster •
We all love a good burger, especially one with a little spice and Latin flare. These are perfect to make on Sunday prep day for lunches throughout the week or to store in the freezer for a quick dinner option. They are a excellent balance of protein, carbs, and fat to keep your blood sugar balanced and keep you satisfied.
To make these gluten-free, wrap the burgers in lettuce or use gluten-free buns. If you choose to wrap them in lettuce, serve them with some sweet potato carrot fries or a fruit for healthy dose of carbohydrates to keep it balanced.
Chili lime chicken burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken breast (99% lean)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/4 avocado, mashed
- cooking spray
- 5 whole-wheat sandwich thins, about 100 calories each (or gluten-free buns)
- Add broth to a non-stick skillet lightly sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, garlic, and onion and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, cilantro, spices, lime zest and juice, and mashed avocado. Add pepper/onion/garlic mixture and stir until ingredients are evenly combined.
- Form into 5 burgers and place in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and liberally coat with cooking spray.
- Grill burgers for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time.
- Serve on sandwich thins, gluten-free buns, or wrapped in lettuce.