Serving Size: 1 cookie
Calories: 84 • Total Fat: 4g • Total Carbohydrate: 12g (Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 7g) • Protein: 2g
Low Calorie • Rich in Healthy Fats • Vegan • Gluten-Free
Flaxseed, hemp seeds, chia seeds……oh my! These cookies are loaded with heart-healthy omega 3’s known to to decreased inflammation and cut your risk for stroke and cardiovascular disease. Thanks to the balance of carbohydrates, fat, and protein in these doughy treats of goodness, they are the perfect post workout snack to refuel your body and repair your muscles. Feel free to substitute the peanut butter for any other nut butter of your choice and swap the chocolate chips for other yummy ingredients like dried cranberries, raisins, or dates.
Peanut BUtter Chocolate Chip Superseed cookies
- 1/4 cup creamy, unsalted peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup quick oats (use gluten-free oats if needed)
- 1/2 cup oat bran (or more quick oats)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt (omit it nut butter is salted)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine flaxseed and water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes or until a gel consistency is formed.
- Cream peanut butter, applesauce, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Add gelled flaxseed, oats, oat bran (or more oats), chia seeds, hemp seeds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and any other mix-ins of choice.
- Drop cookies in 1 tbsp amounts on a well greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Remove from the oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack until cooled.