Serving Size: 1 cookie
Calories: 67 • Total Fat: 1g • Total Carbohydrate: 14g (Fiber: 2g • Sugars: 3g) • Protein: 2g • Vitamin C (9%) • Vitamin B-6 (7%)
Low Calorie • Low Fat • No Added Sugar • Vegan • Gluten-Free Option • Immunity Booster
I love making a batch of these cookies as part of a quick breakfast on the go. Since they are mostly carbohydrates, pair them with a some protein and fat to make a balanced meal and stabilize your blood sugar.
Banana Split Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran (or more oats ground into a flour consistency)
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 very ripe bananas)
- 1/3 cup strawberries, diced (about 3-4 medium strawberries)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place oats, oat bran, bananas, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Stir in the strawberries.
- Form batter into 10 cookies and place on a silicone baking sheet or a cookie sheet liberally sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- While cookies are baking melt chocolate if using.
- Remove cookies from the oven and drizzle with chocolate. Allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.