Serving Size: 1 chicken breast and half of salsa
Calories: 235 • Total Fat: 11g • Total Carbohydrate: 10g (Fiber: 4g • Sugars: 3g) • Protein: 26g • Vitamin C (68%) • Folate (13%) • Manganese (10%)
Rich in Good Fats • High Protein • Sugar-Free • Gluten-Free • Good Source of Fiber • Immunity Booster
This recipe has an excellent balance of protein and fat. It has a moderate amount of carbs so add a small side of grains or other complex carbohydrates to stabilize your blood sugar.
Strawberry Lime avocado Grilled chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast (4 ounces each)
- salt and pepper
- 2 limes, juice and zest, divided
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced (about 5 medium strawberries)
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Juice 1 of the limes and marinade chicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat and mist with cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken from marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, about 10 minutes per side. *Note: you can also bake the chicken in a 350ºF oven for 20-25 minutes if you don’t have a grill or grill pan.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the salsa.
- Combine strawberries, juice and zest from the second lime, avocado, and mint. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- When chicken is cooked through, top each piece with 1/2 of the strawberry lime salsa and serve.