Serving Size: 1 cookie
Calories: 94 • Total Fat: 2g • Total Carbohydrate: 17g (Fiber: 2g • Sugars: 9g) • Protein: 3g (Iron: 4%)
Low Calorie • Low Fat • Protein-Rich • 100% Whole Grain
THE BEST SOFT-BATCH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES OF YOUR LIFE
Servings: 24 cookies
- 2 cups + 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 avocado, pureed
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, both sugars, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine pureed avocado, egg, egg white, yogurt, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until batter is formed. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- After dough has chilled, roll the dough into 24 balls and place on a lightly-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The cookies will look UNDERBAKED. This is the key to making them soft and chewy. Remove them from the oven and allow them to sit on the baking sheet for an additional 3 minutes. Then move them to a wire rack until cooled.