Serving Size: 1
Calories: 105 • Total Fat: 2g • Total Carbohydrate: 19g (Fiber: 2g • Sugars: 7g) • Protein: 4g • Vitamin A (19%) • Iron (4%) • Niacin (19%) • Selenium (8%)
Low Calorie • Low Fat • 100% Whole Grain • Low Sugar
This recipe is a excellent treat and a good source of complex carbohydrates. Serve it with some eggs or lean turkey sausage for some added protein and fat to make it a balanced meal.
Pumpkin Spice coffee donuts
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup extra strong brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp oil
- cooking spray
For coffee-sugar coating:
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground coffee
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine egg whites, pumpkin puree, yogurt, vanilla, coffee and oil. Add dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Spoon batter into doughnut pan, filling each cavity about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine white sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and ground coffee in a small bowl. When doughnuts are baked, remove from the oven and one at a time lightly spray with cooking spray then immediately coat in coffee-sugar mixture.
- Serve warm.