Serving Size: 1
Calories: 65 • Total Fat: 2g • Total Carbohydrate: 13g (Fiber: 2g • Sugars: 6g) • Protein: 2g • Vitamin A: (16%) • Manganese (9%) • Vitamin B-6 (5%)
*calculated with flax egg and without chocolate chips
Low Calorie • Low Fat • Vegan • Gluten Free • Dairy Free • Promotes Healthy Skin and Eyes
These bars are meant to be a treat and are the perfect dessert to round out your meal. Since they have a moderate amount of carbohydrates, enjoy them after a dinner that is high in protein a moderate in fat.
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Bars
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup quick oats (use gluten-free oats if needed)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1.5 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water (or 1 egg)
- 2 tsp sugar, for topping
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, for topping
- mini dark chocolate chips (optional for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine ground flaxseed with water and set aside for 5 minutes. (If using egg, beat in a bowl and set aside).
- In a separate small bowl, combine the 2 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon for topping and set aside.
- Place all ingredients (chickpeas – pumpkin pie spice) in a food processor. Add flax egg (or real egg if using). Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour batter in a greased 8×8 pan and bake for 25 minutes. The bars will look slightly underdone. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Top with cinnamon-sugar topping and mini chocolate chips if using.