Serving Size: 1 muffin
Calories: 128 • Total Fat: 2g • Total Carbohydrate: 25g (Fiber: 4g • Sugars: 8g) • Protein: 5g • Vitamin A (75%) • Iron (5%)
Low Calorie • Low Fat • High Fiber • High Protein • Gluten-Free Option • Promotes Healthy Skin, Hair, Nails
These muffins are the perfect indulgence for your sweet breakfast craving and are a good source of complex carbohydrates. Serve them with some eggs or lean turkey sausage for added protein and fat to make a balanced meal.
Cranberry orange pumpkin muffins
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain, non-fat
- 1.5 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium orange, juice and zest (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (may use all white whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or gluten-free flour blend)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin liberally with cooking spray.
- Combine ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add yogurt, pumpkin puree, oil, orange juice and zest, and vanilla extract to a large bowl and stir.
- Add both flours, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and salt to a medium bowl and stir.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until fully combined. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Fill each muffin cavity about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.