Serving Size: 1
Calories: 54 • Total Fat: 2.5g • Total Carbohydrate: 5g (Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 1g) • Protein: 3g
Low Calorie • Low Fat • Low Sugar • Protein-Rich • Gluten-Free • Vegan
These protein bites taste JUST like oooey-gooey cookie dough and are an excellent balance of protein, fat, and carbohydrates, particularly as a pre or post workout snack. Simply enjoy 2-3 bites before or after your workout or as your mid-afternoon or post dinner snack to keep your blood sugar stable while satisfying your sweet tooth.
Cookie Dough Protein Bites
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup white beans (also called cannellini or great northern beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter, or other nut butter
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (the key to the cookie dough flavor!)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, optional for topping
- mini dark chocolate chips, optional
- Soak cashews in a small bowl for 20-25 minutes.
- Add all ingredients (cashews – salt) to a food processor and blend until completely smooth. The dough will be thick, but add extra milk 1 tsp at a time if needed. If using mini chocolate chips, transfer dough to a bowl, add chocolate chips, and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Form dough into 16 balls measuring about 1 tablespoon each.
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder if desired.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and chill for 20-25 minutes until set.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.