Serving Size: 1 crostini
Calories: 42 • Total Fat: 1g • Total Carbohydrate: 7g (Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 2g) • Protein: 1g • Vitamin C (4%) • Vitamin A (2%)
Low Calorie • Low Fat • Low Sugar • Whole Grain • Vegan • Rich in Lycopene
This appetizer is mostly carbohydrates due to the toasted bread. Enjoy one or two before a meal high in protein and moderate in fat. Or turn it into it’s own meal by coating boneless, skinless, chicken breast in a combination of bread crumbs and almond meal, baking it, and topping with tomato/basil mixture!
Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- 1 whole-grain baguette (cut into 25 equal slices)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, and vinegar in a bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes to allow flavors to marinade. *This can be made up to a day in advance*
- Top each slice of bread with tomato mixture and drizzle with extra balsamic vinegar if desired.