Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: 124 • Total Fat: 3g • Total Carbohydrate: 22g (Fiber: 4g • Sugars: 2g) • Protein: 4g • Vitamin A (100%) • Vitamin C (47%) • Manganese (11%) • Vitamin B-6 (4%) • Folate (4%)
Low Calorie • Rich in Good Fat • High Fiber • No Added Sugar • Good Source of Protein • Boosts Metabolism • Promotes Healthy Hair, Skin, Eyes • Immunity Booster
This salad is composed mostly of healthy carbohydrates. Serve it as a side to a meal made up of protein and some fat to make it balanced and to stabilize your blood sugar. It’s also a great dish to bring to a potluck or bbq!
Summer Buckwheat Salad
Servings: 4 cups
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup zucchini, washed and diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, washed and diced
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/4 cup cooked peas
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring water and raw buckwheat to a boil in a saucepan. When water boils, cover saucepan and reduce to a simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 10-12 minutes). Place cooked buckwheat in a colander, rinse, and cool completely.
- Whisk lemon juice, zest, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add kale, peas, tomatoes, zucchini, and cucumber to a large bowl. Toss with dressing. Add buckwheat and herbs and toss until fully combined. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.