Serving Size: 4 wedges
Calories: 78 • Total Fat: 0g • Total Carbohydrate: 16g (Fiber: 7g • Sugars: 0g) • Protein: 4g (Vitamin C: 24% • Folate: 9% • Iron: 5% • Manganese: 12% • )
Low Calorie • Low Fat • High Fiber • Low Sugar • Good Source of Protein • Good for Immunity • Promotes Healthy Cells
This side dish is mostly carbohydrates thanks to the high amount of fiber in the vegetables. Pair it with a meal composed of protein and a little fat to make it balanced and stabilize your blood sugar.
ROASTED fennel with artichokes and mushrooms
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 can artichokes, packed in water not oil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly spray fennel wedges with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 10 minutes. Flip wedges and roast an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add mushrooms and artichokes to pan. Lightly spray all vegetables with cooking spray and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with dried thyme.