Serving Size: 1 blondie
Calories: 122 • Total Fat: 4g • Total Carbohydrate: 22g (Fiber: 2g • Sugar: 13g) • Protein: 2g • (Vitamin E: 2% • Calcium: 3% • Iron: 4% • Manganese: 8% • Phosphorus: 3%)
Low Calorie • Low Fat • Good Source of Healthy Fats • Gluten-Free Option • Dairy Free • Vegan
These bars are meant to be a treat and are the perfect dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth. Since they have mostly carbohydrates and fat, enjoy them after a meal that is high in protein to stabilize your blood sugar.
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp nut butter (I use almond butter)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (choose dairy-free variety if needed)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 graham crackers, crushed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Add chickpeas to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients through applesauce (not chocolate chips, marshmallows, or graham crackers) and continue to blend until very smooth.
- Scoop batter into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour chocolate chips on top of the blondies. When the chocolate starts to melt, spread the chocolate evenly on top of the blondies with a knife or an icing spreader.
- Set the oven to broil. Sprinkle the marshmallows on top of the chocolate. Broil about 5 inches from heat for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly toasted. **They will toast quickly so watch them very carefully!**
- Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers (if using) and cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut into 16 squares.
*Tip: the marshmallows stick to the knife easily so spray your knife with cooking spraying before cutting into bars.