Serving Size: 1 cookie
Calories: 59 • Total Fat: 2g • Total Carbohydrate: 11g (Fiber: 1.4g • Sugar: 5g) • Protein: 2g
Low Calorie • Low Fat • Low Sugar • Gluten-Free Option
I love bringing these cookies to parties or potlucks as a healthy dessert option. Plus, who doesn’t love s’mores? Since they are mostly carbohydrates, enjoy them after a meal high in protein with a little fat to keep your blood sugar stable.
Oatmeal flax s’mores cookies
Servings: 16 cookies
- 1.5 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran (or grind more oats into a flour consistency)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp jet-puffed marshmallow bits
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Make flax eggs by combining ground flaxseed and water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes until a gel consistency is formed.
- In a medium bowl combine quick oats, oat bran, brown sugar, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl combine applesauce, vanilla, and flax egg.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in marshmallow bits and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop batter onto a liberally greased cookie sheet until 16 cookies are formed. Bake for 10 minutes. *The cookies will look slightly under baked.*
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack until cookies are cooled completely.