Serving Size: 1 skewer (about 4-5 pieces of chicken on each)
Calories: 85 • Total Fat: 2g • Total Carbohydrate: 2g (Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 0g) • Protein: 13g • Vitamin B-6 (16%) • Niacin (32%) • Selenium (15%)
High Protein • Low Calorie • Low Fat • No Sugar • Gluten-Free • Good for Metabolism • High in Antioxidants
These skewers are mostly protein. Add some fat and carbohydrates to make a balanced meal and stabilize your blood sugar.
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Skewers
Servings: 8 skewers (about 4-5 pieces of chicken each)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp hot sauce, divided
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp milk of choice
- 2 tsp non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large green pepper, cut into chunks
- 4 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- crumbled blue cheese, (optional)
- 8 wooden skewers
- Combine chicken, 2 tbsp of hot sauce and 1 tbsp of milk in a large dish. Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. The chicken can also be marinated for several hours or overnight.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes.*If using metal skewers, spray each one with cooking spray.*
- In a small bowl, make sauce by combining remaining 2 tbsp of hot sauce, 2 tsp of milk, Greek yogurt, and olive oil.
- Assemble skewers by alternating with chicken (about 4-5 pieces each), peppers, and celery pieces. Using a pastry brush, coat each skewer with sauce and grill until chicken is cooked (about 10-15 minutes).
- Top with crumbled blue cheese and serve warm.