Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Calories: 54 • Total Fat: 0g • Total Carbohydrate: 12g (Fiber: 5g • Sugars: 0g) • Protein: 3g (Vitamin A: 29% • Vitamin C: 57% • Manganese: 20%)
Low Calorie • High Fiber • Low Sugar • No Fat • Good for Metabolism and Immunity • Good for Eye, Skin, and Bone Health
This side dish is made of mostly carbohydrates thanks to the fiber in the green beans. Pair it with a meal composed mostly of protein and fat and a small additional amount of carbs to make it balanced and stabilize your blood sugar.
italian Roasted green beans
- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place green beans on a baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Roast green beans for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- When green beans are roasted, toss with tomato mixture and serve warm.