Serving Size: about 1 cup
Calories: 94 • Total Fat: 4g • Total Carbohydrate: 8g (Fiber: 3g • Sugars: 1g) • Protein: 5g (Vitamin A: 88% • Vitamin C: 99% • Calcium: 16% • Iron: 5%)
Low Calorie • High Fiber • Low Sugar • Good Source of Protein • Gluten-Free • Excellent Source of Vitamins A and C • Promotes Healthy Bones, Eyes, and Skin • Good for Immunity
I love making this side dish to pair with some lean protein such as grilled chicken or roasted shrimp. Plus the Vitamin C from the lemon and calcium from the leafy greens make it an excellent immunity booster!
Lemon Parmesan shredded brussel sprouts
- 1 cup shredded brussel sprouts
- 1 cup chopped collard greens (may substitute spinach)
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp shaved Parmesan cheese
- lemon pepper, salt-free variety
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Add oil to a skillet and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add brussel sprouts, collard greens, and kale to skillet and sauté for 1 minute. Add water 1 tbsp at a time until greens are tender, but still slightly crispy (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Stir in lemon pepper and lemon juice.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with lemon zest and Parmesan cheese.