Serving Size: 1 fillet
Calories: 124 • Total Fat: 2g • Total Carbohydrate: 3g (Fiber: 0g • Sugars: 1g) • Protein: 23g (Vitamin C: 6% • Potassium: 368mg • Iron: 3%)
Low Calorie • Low Fat • High Protein • Low Carb • Good for Immunity • Rich in Potassium
This recipe is mostly protein. Pair it with some carbs and fat to create a well balanced meal and stabilize your blood sugar.
cilantro-lime marinated tilapia
- 4 tilapia fillets (or other whitefish), 4 oz each
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped and divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, low-sodium variety
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place fish in a ceramic or glass baking dish.
- Prepare marinade by combining garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, honey, water, and 1 tbsp cilantro. Add marinade to fish and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and bake in oven for 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Top with lime zest and remaining cilantro.
- Serve with cilantro-lime quinoa or roasted asparagus if desired.