Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Calories: 104 • Total Fat: 2g • Total Carbohydrate: 20g (Fiber: 2g • Sugars: 1g) • Protein: 2g (Vitamin C: 35% • Potassium: 471g • Thiamin: 6% )
Low Calorie • Low Sugar • Low Fat • Gluten-Free • Dairy-Free • Good for Immunity • Excellent Source of Potassium
This side dish is mostly carbohydrates and a little fat. Pair it with a meal composed mostly of protein to make it balanced and stabilize your blood sugar.
Herb roasted baby potatoes (Red, White, and Blue Potatoes)
- 1 lb baby potatoes (red, white, and purple varieties)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Dice potatoes and red pepper (if using) into 1-inch cubes. Toss with olive oil, salt, and dried herbs. Place potatoes on baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from oven and add minced garlic. Stir potatoes and garlic on baking sheet and place back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with additional dried herbs if desired. Serve warm.