Serving Size: 1 tostada
Calories: 201 • Total Fat: 7g • Total Carbohydrate: 15g (Fiber: 3g • Sugars: 5g) • Protein: 17g • Vitamin C (117%) • Vitamin A (21%)
High Protein • Low Calorie • Good source of Omega 3’s • Gluten-Free
This recipe is one of my favorites! The spicy salmon gives this dish just enough of a kick while the mango and avocado bring the perfect amount of sweetness and creaminess to balance the heat. Not to mention it has an excellent combination of protein, fat, and carbohydrates to keep your blood sugar stable.
Dysphagia Level 3 – Soft – eat as tacos with either corn or flour tortillas. For the salsa, omit the onion and substitute the red bell pepper with jarred roasted red peppers. Use overripe mango or substitute with canned diced peaches.
Cajun salmon tostadas with Mango avocado salsa
- 4 corn tortillas
- 8 oz salmon
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning, salt-free variety
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp sriracha or hot sauce
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 1/3 fresh mango, diced
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine yogurt and hot sauce in a small bowl and set aside in refrigerator.
- Liberally season salmon with Cajun seasoning. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily.
- While salmon is cooking, combine all ingredients for salsa, stir, and set aside.
- When salmon is cooked through, remove from oven and flake into small pieces.
- Next, place tortillas on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes per side or until crispy. *Watch the tortillas carefully so they don’t burn*
- Top each tortilla with 1 tbsp of yogurt sauce, 2 oz of salmon and 1/4 cup of salsa.