Calories: 74 • Total Fat: 3g • Total Carbohydrate: 11g (Fiber: 5g • Sugars: 2g) • Protein: 3g (Vitamin A: 16% • Vitamin C: 40% • Folate: 18% • Manganese: 23%)
Low Calorie • Good Source of Omega 3’s • High Fiber • Gluten-Free • Vegan • Good for Healthy Skin, Eyes, Bone, Teeth • Good for Immunity • Metabolism Booster
This side dish is mostly carbohydrates and a little fat. Pair it with a meal composed mostly of protein to make it balanced and stabilize your blood sugar.
Dysphagia Level 3 – Soft – Omit walnuts. Cook according to recipe and serve as is.
Roasted Green Beans with Beets and Walnuts
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 medium beet, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly spray beets and green beans with cooking spray and toss with garlic, salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Stir and roast an additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place walnuts in dry skillet over medium heat and lightly toast for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove green beans and beets from oven and toss with walnuts, lemon juice and zest.
- Serve warm.